Tuesday, October 7, 2008

In the Beginning...




I'm a lurker. I have a problem I admit it.


This blog will serve to document my hair journey with bits and pieces about my life overhaul along the way...so bear with me people...


I've been natural since October of 2000...that's eight years of nappiness and quite an accomplishment for me. But I became bored and was desperate to do something with my hair rather than keep looking so frump-a-licious. (I've been known to rock a crazy fro) So I ran across sisterlocks and I fell in love.
They seemed like the perfect solution except there was only one problem- I couldn't afford them! Not with two little girls (one on formula, the other at private school), a car note, house note, student loans, etc. So after some phone calls I found a loctitian and after 16 hours of braiding I was finally loced!
When I started I had about 5-6 inches of hair (I think... I was so sick of the fro I just kept chopping it off every opportunity I could)
My loc anniversary is August 1, 2008. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

The Real Nique said...

I can't wait to see you hair go through the changes. I had some help me with my braiding too. I will be following. Looks great!