Saturday, October 18, 2008

Second Loc Tightening




Hello to all!!!






Thanks for all the comments of support! I truly appreciate it! I'm feeling the love! I'm still getting used to this whole blogging format so bear with me everyone! I had my second tightening today. I gathered information about DIY but after this weeks stress I needed a little pampering! So I didn't order the nappyloc tool. The downfall- it cost me $80 bucks. Boo. Plus after reading so many of your wonderful blogs I am beginning to question my loctitian's skills...I asked her questions about what retightening pattern she uses (I think I might have offended her) and I asked her about splitting a questionably large loc (in the front of my head) to which she replied that it was already locked and she couldn't split it. Red flags immediately went up She told me that when she retightens she does it like a "t" I tried to get her to explain further but she didn't. Now I am seriously considering DIY. From what I've researched isn't it the tightening pattern that determines the loc? Let me know if I'm wrong...When she was done my head felt and looked better so I guess I have another month to contemplate this DIY thing. I plan on moving back to Cleveland next year (a long story) so I definitely plan on taking over my own maintenance then but....here are some pics...





This is on the way out last night to the comedy club- Roz G (from the last comic standing) was there! She was hilarious!






These pics are after my retightening




5 comments:

The Real Nique said...

Your hair is looking good. Did you decide on trying the nappyloc tool? I have it and I think it is really nice. By the way, YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED! Go to my lockspot to check out the instructions.

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Hmm, I agree, she definately sounds suspect to me!Maybe with the 'T' thing she meant that she does it from 3 different sides? I'm just guessing. Hope you get the peace and relaxation that locs are meant to gives us soon!And DON'T STOP BLOGGING!

Toki PhD said...

Hang in there! I am in NE Ohio. I have microbraids too. I haven't re-tightened yet, but I did get a Nappy tool. I'll be trying DIY tomorrow!
tokiphd.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Your locs are coming along nicely! I would recommend the DIY technique if you have to deal with that type of service. Keep us posted on your progress. I am on my 3rd journey to locs with small braidlocks this time, so we are in this together!!

Armybratt said...

What size are your locks